Thanks for caring to find out! People search for this often on the web and we get LOTS of messages about it. We try to address as many popular questions as we can at our FAQ. But we’ve got the answer for you right here about reading order.
Series author S. D. Smith recommends publication order.
- The Green Ember
- The Black Star of Kingston (Tales of Old Natalia 1)
- Ember Falls: The Green Ember Book II
- The Last Archer: A Green Ember Story
- Ember Rising: The Green Ember Book III
- The Wreck and Rise of Whitson Mariner (Tales of Old Natalia 2)
- The First Fowler: A Green Ember Story
- Ember’s End: The Green Ember Book IV
Here it is, straight from the
horse’s well-respected author’s mouth…
“By far the most enjoyable way to experience the series is by reading the books in publication order. There are lots of examples of why this is the way (this is the way), but I’ll share one. I saw a recent reviewer complain about ‘the sudden introduction of dragons’ in Ember’s End, but they would have enjoyed that if they had read The Wreck and Rise of Whitson Mariner, which set it up. Of course you can go back and read the other books after you’ve just read the main four and that will be fine. I’ve heard from folks reading them in various orders and enjoying the journey.” —S. D. Smith
Did you know? You can enjoy ALL EIGHT of S. D. Smith’s Green Ember adventures for FREE on Hoopla (if your library uses it). And, because there is NO WAIT, you can listen to every audiobook in its recommended (publication) order.