I’m really tempted to make this like one of those recipe blogs where they say, “I’m eager to share my homemade butternut nutbutter recipe with you, but it reminds me of my old college roommate Nutty B. Buttersworth. What a nut! Nutty and I went walking in the peanut fields outside of town on a crisp, clear, crispy-clear, very cold and crispy and clear day when he had a—you guessed it—a nutty idea….”
But I won’t. Here’s the recommended reading order.
- The Green Ember
- The Black Star of Kingston (Tales of Old Natalia 1)
- Ember Falls: The Green Ember Book II
- The Last Archer: Green Ember Archer 1
- Ember Rising: The Green Ember Book III
- The Wreck and Rise of Whitson Mariner (Tales of Old Natalia 2)
- The First Fowler: Green Ember Archer 2
- Ember’s End: The Green Ember Book IV
- The Archer’s Cup: Green Ember Archer 3
Flipping 8 and 9 So I Finish With Ember’s End?
One part you can easily flip, though, is 8 and 9. Sure. That might be more fun. But publication order, as seen above, is good.
Simply start with The Green Ember and you should be fine. You definitely do miss some things by skipping the Tales of Old Natalia and Green Ember Archer books and only reading the main four Green Ember Series books. I don’t recommend it.
If you have skipped them, I recommend going back and enjoying those as well! It will enhance the overall experience immensely and better prepare you for future Green Ember world adventures.
Yes. There’s more coming…